That’s right, FRINGE WORLD returns from 14 Jan to 13 Feb 2022 and we can't wait to get the party started!
What about COVID?
We're familiar with delivering an entertaining Festival within the constraints of a COVID-climate. Even with the restrictions that were in place in 2021, we still pulled off a fantastic Festival with more than 460,000 attendances and a program that featured 2,470 artists.
The 2022 Festival is set to feature more than 450 events and we are looking to entertain Western Australians throughout the 31 days.
The changing restrictions mean that we have to remain flexible and may have to make policy changes with short notice. We will work with WA Health to follow the relevant requirements and update this page.
Subscribe to our e-news for the latest information.
Mask Mandates for Indoor Public Venues
Last updated: 16/01/2022
The WA Government has introduced mandatory mask-wearing for public indoor venues from 6pm Sunday 16 January 2022. This will require all FRINGE WORLD patrons over the age of 12 to bring their mask with them to enter indoor venues including The Pleasure Garden and Girls School.
Proof of Vaccination
Last updated: 01/02/2022
From 31 January, 2022 all FRINGE WORLD venues will require proof of COVID-19 double vaccination to attend unless exempt from government directives. Please contact the venue directly for further information.
From January 4, 2022
The WA State Government implemented proof of COVID-19 double vaccination for people aged 16 and over for the following venues:
- Nightclubs and all venues operating under a nightclub licence
- Music festivals and major events (above 500 people)
- Pubs, taverns, hotels (hospitality) and Special Facility Licenses with a capacity of more than 500 people or these specific licensed venues that trade after midnight
- Events and venues with an Occasional Liquor Licence (inclusive of events at The Pleasure Garden and Girls School)
- The Crown gaming floor.
From January 31, 2022
The WA State Government will implement proof of COVID-19 double vaccination for people aged 16 and over for the following venues:
- Visitors to public and private hospitals, and residential aged care facilities
- All hospitality and food and licensed venues including restaurants, dine-in fast food, cafes, bars, pubs, clubs, taverns; excluding food and non-alcoholic beverage takeaway, roadhouses, and service stations
- Bottle shops
- Indoor entertainment venues, including play centres, gaming and gambling, theatres, concert halls, museums, cinemas and live music venues, including the Perth Convention Centre
- Nightclubs and all venues operating under a nightclub licence
- The Crown Perth complex
- Major stadiums
- Gyms, fitness studios and centres
- Amusement Parks and the Zoo, and
- Music festivals and large events with more than 500 people, unless exempt
Click here for information regarding venues that currently require proof of vaccination.
I've purchased a ticket to a venue that is mandated and am not able to abide by the requirement, what do I do? Will I get a refund?
Our existing Terms and Conditions state that there is no right of refund or exchange on tickets, unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled, and in the case that entry is declined or delayed, we will not provide a refund or exchange for tickets.
If this directly affects you, please get in touch with us as soon as possible via email@example.com
Please note that there has been a significant increase of enquiries to our mailbox and our team is working through each one and may need some time to respond. Please be patient and allow time for our staff to reply.
Patrons aged 16 years and over must show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status or a medical exemption, along with identification, for venues that are mandated.
Venue staff will check proof of vaccinations upon entry. Please ensure you have the acceptable forms of proof ready to present.
There are a few ways you can show your proof of vaccination:
- Download and set up the ServiceWA app before your visit. This app allows you to check in and show your proof of vaccination in one easy app! Click here to learn how to set it up.
- Download the Express Plus Medicare app. Your vaccination certificate can be shown to staff on your smartphone.
- If you have not downloaded these apps, you will need to show one of the following in conjunction with valid ID:
- COVID-19 digital certificate
- A printed copy of your certificate
- Immunisation history statement
- Medical exemption (printed & digital)
Click here to find out more about acceptable forms of proof
What if I have an exemption?
According to the current health advice, ticket holders with certified WA exemption for COVID-19 vaccination are to be treated as vaccinated.
Staff and/or security have the right to request proof of exemption prior to permitting entry to a mandated venue.
What are the FRINGE WORLD Terms & Conditions about this and what do they mean?
All ticket holders and customers attending any venue hosting a FRINGE WORLD event must abide by all Government directives applicable to that venue, including but not limited to, public health and social measures and restrictions as and when they are introduced and/or updated.
Fringe is an open-access Festival, which means that any venue can apply to be a part of it and there is a wide variety of different venues with different capacities so this statement has been added to simply say; if you are entering a Fringe venue – you must abide by the relevant government mandates in place at that time, whether it be contact tracing, mask-wearing, vaccinations or anything else.
Read the FRINGE WORLD Terms and Conditions.
Does FRINGE WORLD support getting vaccinated?
FRINGE WORLD supports the government’s Roll Up for WA campaign and we encourage all people in WA to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination will help protect the health of our community and will hopefully reduce the likelihood of a lockdown.
The lockdown that occurred during the 2021 FRINGE WORLD was devastating to the Festival and the artists. The subsequent loss of income resulted in more than $1 million deficit to FRINGE WORLD and thousands of artists lost vital performance income from the lockdown.
Find out how you can get vaccinated here.
What policies does Fringe have around vaccination for artists and staff?
We are keeping our artists up-to-date will the most relevant information as it is delivered to us and have encouraged everyone to get vaccinated.
All artists and staff must abide by government directives the same way our audiences do.
If you are feeling unwell
You should not attend your session if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- You are required to self-isolate or quarantine
- Are awaiting a COVID-19 test result
- Have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Attended an exposure site and are awaiting a COVID-19 test result
If any of the above apply contact FRINGE WORLD a minimum of eight hours before your session.
If you purchase tickets for a show that is later cancelled due to the impacts of COVID-19 we will contact you and offer you two options:
- Gift your ticket to the artists and FRINGE WORLD; or
- Receive a refund.
If the entire FRINGE WORLD Festival is cancelled, we will issue you with a new voucher to be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2023.
If the voucher has not yet been redeemed, the voucher will be issued to the customer who originally purchased the voucher. If the voucher has been fully or part redeemed, the voucher will be issued to the customer who has redeemed the original voucher.
If the entire FRINGE WORLD Festival is cancelled, we will contact Friends with the below options to choose from:
A complimentary subscription for FRINGE WORLD Festival 2023; or
- Full refund of Friends subscription
Venue Capacities Changes
If an event requires a reduction in capacity, refunds will be processed in reverse order based on transaction date. If the event has sold tickets over the imposed restricted capacity, ticket holders will be contacted in reverse order based on transaction date. We will contact the original ticket purchaser via email as soon as possible with the below options to select from:
- Gift your ticket purchase to the artist and FRINGE WORLD.
- Have your tickets refunded.
Travel to WA
For our interstate and overseas FRINGE WORLD fans, please visit the WA Government website for information regarding travel to Western Australia.
Updated on: 16/01/2022
Photo of Railed by Wade Ranson