Updated 5 January 2021
Thanks to the border control measures by the state government and all the sacrifices that our community has made, WA and the 2021 Festival are in good shape so that we can all enjoy the Fringe.
ARTRAGE, the producer of FRINGE WORLD has rigorous protocols in place to have a COVID safe Festival and policies relating to event cancellations.
Being COVID safe is a shared responsibility so please read on for the safe practices that we ask you to follow.
Stay home if you are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms
You should not attend your session if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting on COVID-19 test results
- You are required to self-isolate or quarantine
- You have COVID-19 symptoms. Click here for more info on symptoms.
If any of the above apply, you are responsible for contacting FRINGE WORLD as soon as possible by calling (08) 92276288 or emailing email@example.com to notify us prior to the session of the above circumstances.
If we receive your email or phone call at least 8 hours before the session start time, we will aim to issue you with a credit note which can be redeemed to book for another session or event before 14 Feb 2021. If the ticket price of the alternative session is a higher value, you will need to pay the difference in price. No refunds will be issued if you are unable to use this credit note.
If you contact us after 8 hours before the session start time, we will be unable to process a refund or exchange. You can choose to gift your tickets onto someone else to attend if you are unable to attend. You will need to forward your order confirmation e-ticket email for their entry into the event.
From 7 February 2021 onwards, a refund will be issued back to the original payment method. If the original payment method was a gift voucher or credit note, another voucher will be issued that can be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2022.
If you are feeling unwell (other than due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms) you should not attend your session and you should instead give your ticket to someone else.
A refund including a refund to credit note will not be issued based on the following circumstances:
- the ticket holder is well and does not wish to attend an event due to fears of exposure to COVID-19; or
- the ticket holder is unwell and does not attend an event (other than due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms); or
- the ticket holder is from a group at a higher risk of COVID-19; or
- the ticket holder attends the performance and subsequently leaves part way through due to feeling unwell.
Full details of our refund policy is in our Terms & Conditions.
Other ways you can be COVID safe
- Practice social distancing when eating, drinking and waiting in line
- Use the hand sanitiser and hand wash facilities at venues
- Listen and comply to the instructions of FRINGE WORLD Compliance Officers
- Be patient and comply with government-mandated contact tracing requirements when entering venues (please see below)
- Download the COVIDSafe app
The state government requires contact tracing at venues to help stop the spread.
Upon entry into The Woodside Pleasure Garden and Girls School patrons will be required to register through scanning the venue specific QR code with your smart phone using the SafeWA app or completing the registration form at the Box Office. The COVID tracing information will include your name, mobile number and email address.
Persons under the age of 18 years will not be required to register as they must be attending and supervised by a registered responsible adult at all times.
In the event of a COVID-19 being traced to a FRINGE WORLD site, the information collected from all registered patrons who have attended the relevant FRINGE WORLD venue that day will be passed onto the Department of Health.
ARTRAGE will also oversee contact tracing of artists and staff in relation to The Woodside Pleasure Garden and Girls School.
How we are being COVID safe
The Woodside Pleasure Garden and Girls School are Festival hubs with multiple venues managed by FRINGE WORLD producer, ARTRAGE. ARTRAGE also manages the Festival box offices located at the Hubs and the box office at Yagan Square.
ARTRAGE has developed an in-depth COVID Event Plan for its Hubs, venues and box offices, in consultation with the WA Department of Health, WA Department of LGSCI, City of Perth and the LPA.
Some of the key elements of the ARTRAGE COVID Event Plan include:
- Increased seating and dining areas to encourage physical distancing.
- All staff, volunteers and site contractors will undertake COVID safety training.
- COVID safety equipment and procedures will be used by staff that interact with customers e.g. security, box office staff, front-of-house.
- Back of house area capacity based on one person per 2sqm.
- Hand sanitiser and hand wash facilities will be available on site.
- Venues will be cleaned and sterilised after every session with disinfectant spray and wipe.
- Bar, box office, back of house high-touch areas regularly cleaned and sanitised.
- FRINGE WORLD Compliance Officers will be present onsite to promote and monitor patron safety.
- Contact tracing will be conducted as per state government requirements including storing names and email addresses of customers. Patrons will be required to register upon entry to a FRINGE WORLD Hub site (see above) and at other venues.
- Reduced venue seating based on current state government requirements.
Health and safety for all other venue in the Festival is the responsibility of the venue management.
Cancellation due to COVID-19
Session Cancellation due to COVID-19
If a session is cancelled, as a result of COVID-19, ARTRAGE will contact the original ticket purchaser via email as soon as possible and a refund will be processed.
Event Cancellation due to COVID-19
If an event is cancelled, as a result of COVID-19, ARTRAGE will contact the original ticket purchaser via email as soon as possible with the below options to select from:
- Gift your ticket purchase to the artist, venues and FRINGE WORLD.
- Have your tickets refunded. If the original payment method was a gift voucher or credit note, another voucher will be issued that can be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2021.
If we do not hear from you within 10 business days, we will refund your ticket/s.
Festival Cancellation due to COVID-19
If the FRINGE WOLRD Festival is cancelled, as a result of COVID-19, ARTRAGE will contact the original ticket purchaser via email as soon as possible with the below options to select from:
- Gift your ticket purchase to the artist, venues and FRINGE WORLD.
- Accept a credit note to be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2022.
- Have your tickets refunded. If the original payment method was a gift voucher or credit note, another voucher will be issued that can be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2022.
If we do not hear from you within 10 business days, we will refund your ticket/s. Please note, in these circumstances’ refunds make take up to 31 days to appear in your account.
If the FRINGE WORLD Festival is cancelled, ARTRAGE will issue a new voucher to be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2022.
If the voucher has not yet been redeemed, the voucher will be issued to the customer who originally purchased the voucher. If the voucher has been fully or part redeemed, the voucher will be issued to the customer who has redeemed the original voucher.
If the FRINGE WORLD Festival is cancelled, ARTRAGE will contact Friends with the below options to choose from:
- A complimentary subscription for FRINGE WORLD Festival 2022; or
- Full refund of Friends subscription
How we are supporting artists and venues
COVID-19 has impacted artists and venues due to venue closures during quarantine and event cancellations. To support our artists and venues, ARTRAGE implemented the following changes:
- Venue registration fees waivered
- Event fees deferred until settlement
- Flexible registration timeline
Photo of Railed by Wade Ranson