Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions below relate to FRINGE WORLD, an open-access festival managed by ARTRAGE INC, a not-for-profit incorporated association [ABN: 90 649 491 963].
ARTRAGE as FRINGE WORLD may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase after the Terms and Conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
Law and Jurisdiction
The provisions of these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
Support and Further Information
If you require further assistance, please email email@example.com
Fringe World, takes pride in our hybrid festival model, combining Open Access and Part Programmed elements. This model allows us to create a dynamic platform for artists, presenters, and venues to collaborate, resulting in a diverse array of performances that cater to all tastes and preferences.
While we strive to offer a seamless and enjoyable festival experience, it's important to note that the hybrid model Fringe World means that we have varying degrees of control over different festival venues and hubs.
In our ARTRAGE Managed venues (The Pleasure Garden at Russell Square, Northbridge, WA 6003, and Le Euro Grande at 75-85 Francis St, Northbridge, WA, 6003), we have direct control over the experience and aim to ensure your visit is nothing short of spectacular. However, in the case of independent venues, our control is more limited. We will always do our best to provide information and assistance for any issues that may arise at independent venues, but this may not always be possible.
We encourage you to reach out to independent venues directly if you have any concerns or questions during your visit.
We value and welcome your feedback, as it helps us continue to improve the Fringe World experience. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us.
ARTRAGE accepts the following cards for transactions:
We do not accept AMEX or Diners Club Cards.
Please be advised that your credit card statement will show "ARTRAGE (EWAY) NORTHBRIDGE" when your payment is pending and "FRINGE WORLD Northbridge" when your payment is confirmed.
Transaction Fee Structure
The transaction fee structure for FRINGE WORLD is as follows:
- $2.40 applied to transactions involving a single ticket/item.
- $4.80 applied to transactions involving two or more tickets/items.
All transactions conducted through the FRINGE WORLD App, WEBSITE (www.fringeworld.com.au), or at a FRINGE WORLD Box Office will include a transaction fee at the cost of the customer.
A transaction fee is applicable to 'FW Friends' memberships.
Exemptions from the Transaction Fee:
- The transaction fee is not charged for phone sales.
- If the transaction exclusively includes Artist Support Tickets, the transaction fee will not be charged.
- The transaction fee does not apply to Gift Voucher purchases.
FRINGE WORLD adheres to the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
The LPA Ticketing Code of Practice is accessible on the Live Performance Australia website at liveperformance.com.au. You can also view a copy of the code via this link: LPA Ticketing Code of Practice, Eighth Edition.
Tickets for FRINGE WORLD events are available through the following channels: [FW Web Link], the FRINGE WORLD Festival App, phone bookings, and FRINGE WORLD Box Offices. These tickets are sold on behalf of the organization and/or artists responsible for presenting the event.
Tickets for FRINGE WORLD events are subject to the specific conditions relevant to the event and/or the venue where it is held.
ARTRAGE can provide assistance for tickets purchased through the FRINGE WORLD Festival website, app, at a FRINGE WORLD Box Office, or by phone at (08) 9227 6288. For tickets acquired through alternative ticketing agencies, please direct all inquiries to the respective agency.
- All ticket prices are denominated in Australian dollars.
- Please note that your credit card statement will display "ARTRAGE (EWAY) NORTHBRIDGE" during pending payments and "FRINGE WORLD Northbridge" once payment is confirmed.
Unless required by law or stated otherwise in these Terms, all Tickets:
- Are non-refundable.
- Are valid solely for the specific Goods and/or Services they have been issued for.
- Are valid only when payment is made in full prior to entry.
- Are valid exclusively for the specified date, time, and any other conditions mentioned on the Ticket or sales receipt.
- Ticket prices and other charges may change without prior notice.
- In the event of an error in ticket pricing, ARTRAGE reserves the right to cancel and refund tickets sold at the incorrect price.
- At the time of purchase, ARTRAGE as FRINGE WORLD aims to collect your personal contact information for event cancellation or change notifications. Failure to provide sufficient and appropriate contact information relieves ARTRAGE of responsibility for any failure to notify you.
- Entry into a FRINGE WORLD ticketed event or venue is contingent upon presenting a valid ticket.
Refunds and Exchanges
ARTRAGE adheres to the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
These Ticketing Terms are applicable to all Tickets purchased by you or on your behalf. Your agreement to abide by these Ticketing Terms is a prerequisite for entry to our Sites and/or access or use of our Goods and Services. Before purchasing tickets, please carefully review and ensure your agreement with:
- Event/session/price details
- Terms and Conditions
- Venue Conditions of Entry
All Ticket sales are considered final. Unless required by Australian Consumer Law or stipulated otherwise in these Terms, all tickets are:
- valid solely for the specified date, time, and any other conditions outlined on the Ticket (or order confirmation).
The ticket purchaser/holder is not entitled to a refund, exchange, transfer, or any other form of reimbursement:
- In the event of a change in personal circumstances
- In cases of a change of mind
- If entry is refused or removal occurs due to a breach of these General Terms and Conditions
- In the case of late arrival for any scheduled Ticket time
- Due to the incorrect selection of tickets
- In instances of lost, stolen, or misused tickets
- Based solely on dislike or dissatisfaction with the Event, performance, venue, goods, or services
- In cases of non-attendance
FRINGE WORLD reserve the right to:
- Add, withdraw, modify advertised events, ticket prices, audience capacities, or seating arrangements as needed at any time.
- Refrain from offering a refund or exchange if proof of purchase is not presented or if valid ID is not provided upon request by security at the entry.
- Refuse admission to or eject any person deemed to be behaving disorderly, using vulgar or abusive language, or failing to comply with ARTRAGE's Terms and Conditions, without offering a refund for ticket purchases. Please consult the Conditions of Entry for further information.
- If tickets have been purchased through an alternate ticketing agency, customers should contact that ticketing agency for information on their refund and exchange policy.
- Any offer of a refund is only valid if it originates from an ARTRAGE staff member via email from an artrage.com.au or fringeworld.com.au email account.
- If you wish to request a Ticket refund or exchange in accordance with these Terms, please contact Customer Support via firstname.lastname@example.org, where your submission will be assessed in accordance with the LPA Code and Australian Consumer Law.
The following Terms and Conditions pertain to all FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers:
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers are valid from the date of issue until the expiry date, 20 February 2024. Any remaining balances after this expiry date will be forfeited and cannot be further redeemed.
- Denominations of FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers are in Australian Dollars.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, whether in whole or in part.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers are valid for FRINGE WORLD ticket purchases, FRINGE WORLD Friends memberships, and FRINGE WORLD merchandise (subject to availability).
- The Terms and Conditions for FRINGE WORLD tickets apply to all purchases made using FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers.
- Before the expiry date, FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers can be redeemed online at fringeworld.com.au, through the FRINGE WORLD Festival app, by phone during business hours, or in person at any FRINGE WORLD Box Office. Purchases are subject to relevant fees associated with FRINGE WORLD purchases.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase tickets available at the venue door or on any website other than www.fringeworld.com.au.
- FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers can be used as partial payment for FRINGE WORLD tickets. The outstanding difference between the Gift Voucher value and the purchase amount must be settled at the time of booking with a valid credit/debit card or another FRINGE WORLD Gift Voucher.
- Any remaining funds from a Gift Voucher can be carried over and used toward another purchase before the Gift Voucher's expiry date.
- To redeem the voucher, you must use the 16-digit gift voucher number.
- FRINGE WORLD assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen FRINGE WORLD Gift Vouchers.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to offer discounts or promotional tickets.
- FRINGE WORLD does not guarantee that discounted ticket prices will be available for all events.
- Only one valid discount can be applied per transaction.
- Purchases made at a higher price cannot be changed to the discounted price under any circumstances.
- When purchasing discounted tickets associated with a FRINGE WORLD Friends subscription, customers must be logged in with their valid FRINGE WORLD Friends customer account. Refunds or exchanges will not be given for failure to log in with a valid FRINGE WORLD Friends account.
- Where a promotional code is required to redeem a discount, it must be applied at the time of purchase.
- When concessions are applicable, suitable, and valid identification must be provided for ticket collection and at the venue.
- Tickets should only be purchased through an authorised FRINGE WORLD ticketing outlet. ARTRAGE will not be held liable for the purchase of unofficial tickets through unauthorised ticketing outlets.
- ARTRAGE reserves the right to refuse entry to the event and cancel any tickets that have been resold or unofficially distributed at their discretion, without a refund.
- Tickets may not be resold, offered as prizes, or used for advertising or other promotional purposes without prior written consent from ARTRAGE, including resale at a premium rate. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in refused entry to the event and ticket cancellation without a refund.
- If tickets are purchased as gifts, the recipients are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you have purchased a ticket and can no longer attend the event, you can pass it on or sell it to a friend in accordance with reselling laws. You will be responsible for all refunds in the event of a cancellation, and if there are any changes to the event, you must inform the ticket holder.
Ticket Delivery, Collection, and E-ticket
- When purchasing your tickets and providing a valid email address, you will receive an order confirmation email, which functions as your e-ticket for event entry, shortly after completing your payment transaction(s).
- If you do not receive the order confirmation email, please check your junk/spam folder or contact email@example.com.
- Tickets purchased can be viewed by logging into your account on fringeworld.com.au or the FRINGE WORLD Festival app.
- When collecting tickets from a FRINGE WORLD Box Office, we recommend allowing at least 30 minutes before the event's start time.
- FRINGE WORLD is not responsible for any delays in attending an event, including those related to ticket collection.
- You can choose to pay a fee to have your tickets posted to you when purchasing tickets on [FW Web Link]. All tickets within the order must be purchased at least 10 business days in advance of the event. Postage is not available when purchasing tickets through the FRINGE WORLD Festival app. ARTRAGE assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or undelivered tickets during the delivery process. No refunds will be issued for postage fees if tickets are not received in the mail.
Ticket Entry into Events
- Some venues may require you to show your QR code for entry into the event.
- The QR code can be found in your planner on the FRINGE WORLD Festival app, at the top of your order confirmation email, or on your printed ticket.
- Some venues may not scan your QR code but will require proof of purchase.
FRINGE WORLD Friends
- FRINGE WORLD Friends memberships are valid from the date of purchase until 31 May 2024.
- FRINGE WORLD Friends memberships are non-transferable and apply exclusively to the individual who purchased the subscription.
- FRINGE WORLD Friends memberships are non-refundable.
- The benefits of the FRINGE WORLD Friends program are subject to annual review at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD and may be subject to change.
- The allocation of tickets available through the FRINGE WORLD Friends Frenzy 30% off ticket offer is limited and subject to availability. Friends Frenzy tickets will be available for purchase from 17 October 2023
- Friends Frenzy ticket offers are exclusively available for selected shows, and ticket limits are determined by the individual event, artist, or production company's discretion. It is possible to purchase tickets for a show's performance at full price if the Friends Frenzy offer allocation has sold out.
- To purchase Friends Frenzy tickets on the website or through the FRINGE WORLD app, you must be logged in with the email address associated with your FRINGE WORLD Friends account.
- Friends Frenzy tickets are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions and the FRINGE WORLD Ticketing Exchange and Refunds policy.
- The number and type of event(s) with tickets available for purchase by FRINGE WORLD Friends during the Early Release period before the Festival Program Public Presale are at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD Festival and may be subject to change.
- Each FRINGE WORLD Friends member is entitled to one (1) Skip the Line Pass which allows for two (2) skips per show.
- The Skip the Line Pass is valid only for ticketed events within The Pleasure Garden, Le Euro Grande. FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy without prior notice and to impose restrictions, limitations, or caps on the number of Friends allowed to use a Skip the Line Pass for entry to a session(s).
- The Skip the Line Pass is a digital pass accessible through the Subscriptions tab in the app or on the FRINGE WORLD website. Presenting this pass upon entry to the venue allows the bearer plus one (1) guest to skip the line at a show. If the bearer or guest is under the age of 18, please refer to www.fringeworld.com.au for venue age restrictions. Entry to performance areas is also subject to the event's rating.
- The Skip the Line Pass is not redeemable for cash.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to make alterations to the Friends program and its benefits from time to time without prior notice.
- For assistance with your FRINGE WORLD Friends account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9227 6288.
Fringe Fund Donations
A donation of $1 is automatically added to the cart when making a purchase via the FRINGE WORLD Festival website or app. You can choose to remove this donation prior to payment. The Fringe Fund is an initiative of the Not-For-Profit cultural organisation and registered charity ARTRAGE Inc. which produces the FRINGE WORLD Festival. The Fringe Fund is one of the many initiatives managed by ARTRAGE Inc. that has the success of artists at its heart. To find out more about the Fringe Fund visit fringeworld.com.au/the-fringe-fund.
Cancellation Policy and Intervening Circumstances Conditions
Cancellation by ARTRAGE (Producer of FRINGE WORLD)
In the unfortunate event of a cancellation, please note that ARTRAGE, the producer of FRINGE WORLD, is not obligated to arrange a substitute event.
Notification of Cancellations
- ARTRAGE is committed to ensuring ticket holders are informed promptly in case of cancellations. We undertake reasonable measures to contact ticket holders as soon as possible using the contact information provided during purchase.
- To help us notify you effectively, please ensure you provide sufficient and accurate contact information when purchasing tickets. If your contact details change or were not provided at the time of purchase, please get in touch with us at email@example.com to receive updates or refunds.
- While we strive to provide advance notice of cancellations, in some cases, we may not have been advised of the cancellation in time to notify attendees in advance. If you attend an event that has been cancelled without prior notification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Refunds for Cancellations
- In the event of a cancellation, ARTRAGE will provide a refund of the ticket price paid, (if all tickets in the original transaction are affected by the cancellation the refund will include any transaction or postage fees applied). Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method used for the purchase.
- If you purchased tickets at a FRINGE WORLD Box Office or online using a card that has since expired or been cancelled, ARTRAGE will contact you via email to request your bank details for a bank transfer refund.
- If ARTRAGE does not receive your bank details by Friday, 15 March 2024, you will be issued a credit note that can be used at FRINGE WORLD Festival 2025. If you made your purchase using a Gift Voucher, your refund will be issued in the form of another voucher.
Intervening Circumstances Conditions
In cases of cancellation due to intervening circumstances (defined as events beyond our control, such as acts of God, public health emergencies, travel warnings, and government directives), we strive to provide fair and flexible remedies to ticket holders.
Remedies Offered by ARTRAGE (FRINGE WORLD):
- We are committed to treating consumers fairly and providing potential remedies, which may include:
- Partial Refund: ARTRAGE may offer either a full refund or a partial refund (e.g., minus transaction/handling/booking fees or delivery charges).
- Exchange: ARTRAGE may provide a Ticket, valued at or above the original Ticket's price, for a different Event. For instance, an exchange to another Event featured in FRINGE WORLD season. For affected memberships this may include exchange to membership for the future FRINGE WORLD season.
- Credit Note/Voucher: ARTRAGE may issue a credit note/voucher equal to the price paid for the Ticket.
- Donation Request: In addition to the above remedies, ARTRAGE may inquire if you are willing to forgo your refund/remedy and instead donate the Ticket's purchase price. ARTRAGE will also inform you about the recipient of this donation.
FRINGE WORLD Conditions of Entry
Our Conditions of Entry are designed to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with these guidelines.
Please note that these FRINGE WORLD Conditions of Entry apply to ARTRAGE Managed Venues, which include but are not limited to: The Pleasure Garden (Russell Square, Northbridge, WA 6003) and Le Euro Grande (75-85 Francis St, Northbridge, WA, 6003).
For events hosted in independent venues (venues other than The Pleasure Garden or Le Euro Grande), attendees are responsible for acquainting themselves with the specific entry conditions of the respective venues.
Conditions of Entry are subject to the requirements of WA government directives, including but not limited to, public health and social measures and restrictions as and when they are introduced and/or updated.
Please read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions.
Failure to adhere to these conditions of entry may result in the refusal of entry, and no refunds or exchanges will be issued.
General Conditions of Entry
- Admission to an event is granted at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD Venue Management.
- FRINGE WORLD Venue Management reserves the right to deny admission to, or eject, individuals who appear intoxicated, under the influence of illicit substances, engage in disorderly conduct, use vulgar or abusive language, or otherwise violate FRINGE WORLD’s or the venue's Terms and Conditions.
- Additional conditions related to entry or attendance may be imposed for specific events, this information will be provided on the event listing page of www.fringeworld.com.au.
ARTRAGE Managed Venues are licensed premises. Patrons must be 18 years of age or older (or accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian) and must present valid photo identification upon entry. Accepted forms of ID include:
- Current Australian driver's licence with a photograph,
- Current passport with a photograph,
- Current Australian learner driver permit with a photograph, or
- Current Australian State or Territory issued Photo Card.
- Minors (persons under 18 years) must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult over 21 years of age.
- Latecomers may be denied entry, as late arrivals may impact event delivery or safety. Ticket holders are responsible for arriving at the venue with sufficient time to meet event admission requirements. No refunds will be provided for late entry refusals.
- Certain events may require a search of persons and/or possessions upon entry.
- Some venues may have restrictions on the sale, possession, or consumption of alcohol and/or smoking.
- Prohibited items, including drugs, weapons, food, glass containers, specified items, or lasers, are not allowed inside any ARTRAGE managed venue.
- Patrons must refrain from offensive or inappropriate behaviour at any event, which includes not wearing or displaying commercial, political, or religious signage or logos that could reasonably cause offense.
- If your conduct disrupts the event, Festival, its artists, or other patrons, you may be politely asked to leave the venue. The determination of what constitutes disruptive behaviour is solely at the discretion of FRINGE WORLD.
- Entry may be denied if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way.
- Audio or video recording, including mobile phones, is not permitted without prior permission from FRINGE WORLD. Breaching this rule may lead to equipment confiscation and/or patron removal.
- FRINGE WORLD reserves the right to video, photograph, broadcast, or telecast events. By entering a FRINGE WORLD Hub or purchasing a ticket, you grant permission to FRINGE WORLD to use your image, likeness, actions, and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display related to the event, in any medium or context, without further authorisation or compensation.
- If you enter a as a parent or guardian of a minor (persons under 18 years of age), you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the minor. This includes granting permission to FRINGE WORLD to use the image, likeness, actions, and statements of the minor in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display related to the event, in any medium or context, without further authorisation or compensation.
- If you violate any of these Conditions, FRINGE WORLD may:
- Refuse entry to or remove you from the venue,
- Confiscate and/or cancel your ticket without refund or recompense,
- Disqualify you from purchasing tickets or entering other events.
- If you are denied entry to an event for any reason in accordance with these conditions of entry, no refund will be provided.
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your FRINGE WORLD experience!
Injury at FRINGE WORLD
To the extent permitted by law, ARTRAGE as FRINGE WORLD disclaims all liability for any injuries sustained at an ARTRAGE Managed Venue. Although reasonable measures are taken by ARTRAGE to protect audience members, injury can occur. If injured or distressed, immediately ask a staff member for assistance.
By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions in your personal capacity and on behalf of any accompanying minor.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, FRINGE WORLD shall have no liability to you beyond the face value of the ticket purchased plus booking fees.
FRINGE WORLD shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the event that have been arranged by you are undertaken at your own risk.
FRINGE WORLD takes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property at any event, venue or FRINGE WORLD site.
FRINGE WORLD Cashless Card
ARTRAGE Managed Venues operate on cashless systems. The FRINGE WORLD Cashless Card can be obtained from FRINGE WORLD Box Office located at The Pleasure Garden site. This card is only accepted at bar and food vendors in The Pleasure Garden and Le Euro Grande. Cash added to the card remains valid until midnight, 18th February 2024. Cards are not redeemable for cash, non-refundable and cannot be topped up. Balances remaining after this expiry time will be forfeited. The cashless cards are to be treated like cash, ARTRAGE will not replace it or refund the money if the card is lost or stolen.
Event Listing Information
Ratings and Content Warnings
All events are self-rated by the Artists/Presenters and FRINGE WORLD does not take any responsibility for an incorrect rating, or unsuitability of an event. Some venues may also have age restrictions in addition to the event rating.
Dissatisfaction with the content or rating of an event does not entitle the customer to a refund.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the program and its details, however event details, content warnings and ratings are subject to change at any time.
Advertised Start Times
Advertised start times and running times of the shows are a guide only and are subject to change. We recommend leaving enough time between shows in case a show runs overtime.
We do not guarantee that any content you access on Fringefeed is or will continue to be accurate. The reviews listed on Fringefeed are the opinions of their authors and do not reflect the views of FRINGE WORLD Festival.
Use of Information
If you upload or otherwise provide any information or content ("User Content") in the course of accessing or using Fringefeed, you agree that such User Content will be available to ARTRAGE to use in any manner deemed fit, subject to applicable provisions of any legislation including (without limitation) privacy legislation. You agree that you will not upload or otherwise provide any User Content which:
- is defamatory, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, intimidating, harassing, inappropriate, harmful, hateful, abusive, tortious, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, sexist, racist, violent, degrading;
- infringes the intellectual or other proprietary interests of third parties;
- contains spam, chain letters, pyramid and other such selling and marketing schemes, computer viruses, computer code, files or programs or other harmful components that are designed to interrupt, destroy, change or limit the functionality of the Site or any other computer software, hardware or other electronic equipment, information which in any way impinges on another user's use or enjoyment of the Site or otherwise breaches or encourages other users to breach these Terms and Conditions;
- violates any law, statute or regulation;
- forges information to disguise the origin of any User Content; or
- encourages or incites any other person to engage in any of the above behaviour.
You grant ARTRAGE a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise and use the User Content (and all intellectual property rights contained therein), in all media now known or not currently known. You also waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have or may acquire in the future in that User Content in our favour.
You agree that ARTRAGE may remove any User Content that breaches any of the above or that ARTRAGE deems unsuitable for the purpose of Fringefeed.
If you require further assistance, please email email@example.com.
- ENDS -