The websites www.fringefund.org, www.fringeworld.com.au, www.fringefeed.com.au, avr.fringeworld.com.au, www.rooftopmovies.com.au and www.girlsschoolcinema.com.au are operated and maintained by ARTRAGE INC, a not-for-profit incorporated association [ABN: 90 649 491 963]. When we refer to ‘you’ we mean the user and/or browser of the website and where applicable those persons, organisations or companies registering an event and/or venue for the FRINGE WORLD Festival.
Statement of commitment
The purpose of this document is to outline how ARTRAGE INC complies with our privacy obligations as required under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and, the Australian Privacy Principles set out in that Act.
As an organisation, one of our principal concerns is the welfare of our customers, employees, volunteers and stakeholders. A high level of trust and confidentiality is required to ensure the confidence of our customers, employees, volunteers and stakeholders.
We aim to ensure that:
- your privacy will be protected when accessing our services or visiting our premises;
- you can access your personal information for review on request;
- the personal information collected about you and retained in our records is correct, up-to- date and safe;
- you are informed of how and when we collect your personal information, as well as what we may use your information for; and
- you are aware of how to raise any privacy concerns with us.
Personal information collected by ARTRAGE INC
You can visit ARTRAGE INC’s websites and browse without the need to disclose any personal information. We do, however, require you to supply certain personal details when you register with us or make a purchase from the websites, to process your transaction and/or fulfil your order. Here are some specific examples of personal details we may request:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone and/or mobile numbers
- Your date of birth / age group
- Feedback / comments
- Transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf
- Any user account and/or event details preferences that you select
- Any other personal information which may be required to facilitate your dealings with us
- Any information that you disclose to us via direct email
We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and if you report a problem with our websites.
For system administration and to report aggregate information about users’ browsing actions and patterns (from which users cannot be identified), we may also collect information about the device on which you are using the websites, including where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and mobile network information.
If you are a participating artist with the FRINGE WORLD Festival, we will also collect and process any personal data supplied by you to the Artist Venue Registration (AVR) website (avr.fringeworld.com.au).
Some examples of specific information we collect are as follows:
- If you are registering as an artist/presenter, accredited media member or venue manager
- Your ABN, bank account and GST status details
- Company name
- Job title
- Details about your event or venue
ARTRAGE INC may gather personal information about you in the following ways:
If you are a customer:
- When you create a Customer User account on our websites;
- When you make a ticketing and/or merchandise purchase through our website for any event at FRINGE WORLD Festival*;
- When you make a donation;
- When you subscribe to our mailing lists and/or e-news;
- When you request information from us;
- When you apply for a job, volunteer or intern with us; and
*Please note that you may be able to purchase event tickets over the counter at the door of individual Festival venues or our FRINGE WORLD Festival Box Offices without providing any personal information.
If you are an artist, accredited media member or venue manager:
- When you create an Artist, Media or Venue Manager account at the Artist Venue Registration (AVR) website (avr.fringeworld.com.au).
We may collect any of the above personal information about you:
- directly from you; or
- from some other person, organisation or agency on your behalf with your consent.
How ARTRAGE INC stores personal information
ARTRAGE INC may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When you are purchasing tickets through our websites we will provide you with the option to store your personal data (including, for the avoidance of doubt, your payment details) against your account for any future payment made by you in relation to tickets and/or goods. Your payment details will be stored by our payment processing providers in the form of an encrypted token and processed by our payment processing providers only where you purchase tickets and/or goods.
ARTRAGE INC protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third-party ticketing provider. It is in a proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Any data requests from ARTRAGE INC to our third-party ticketing provider is stored on ARTRAGE INC’s intranet server, which is protected, secure and is unreachable by the internet.
All data relating to ticketing transactions conducted through our websites is encrypted and handled directly by our third-party ticketing provider and our payment providers.
Both our ticketing provider and ARTRAGE INC employ firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
ARTRAGE INC employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by ARTRAGE INC as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing ARTRAGE INC systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
How ARTRAGE INC may use personal information
For general public enquiries and/or e-news subscribers:
- To provide you with further ARTRAGE INC information which may be of interest (such as email newsletters), if you have voluntarily provided your contact details for this purpose;
- To contact you in response to your specific ARTRAGE INC enquiries;
- For any other reasonable business purpose which will enable ARTRAGE INC to better service your needs or to protect ARTRAGE INC and associated individuals from harm; and
- To advocate on your behalf with government agencies and organisations to obtain other support services and benefits for you.
- For ticket and merchandise purchasers:
- To contact you about your tickets, merchandise or information about the event(s) you have booked e.g. to let you know if a performance is cancelled;
- For personal identification when you collect tickets or need lost tickets replaced;
- For fulfilling merchandise orders;
- To complete financial transactions e.g. with credit card companies;
- To compile data on the preferences of attendees of the Festival events to improve future services and programming;
- Should you select the "I would like to receive emails from Artists/Presenters of these events" option during checkout, to provide your email address to Artists and/or Presenter of events for which you purchase tickets so they can use it for marketing and promotional purposes; and
For other people’s information that you provide to us:
- If you provide personal information to us about someone else (such as a family member or friend) you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that personal information to us; and
- You should take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual concerned is aware of the various matters detailed in this policy, including our identity, how to contact us, our purposes for collecting the information, our information disclosure practices, the individual's right to obtain access to the information and to have it corrected, and the consequences for the individual if the information is not provided.
For registrations of an event or a venue in the FRINGE WORLD Festival:
We will primarily use the information that you provide to contact you about all matters relevant to your event and/or venue to program our Festival.
Where your details are stored on the system and you are linked to a particular organisation, venue or event, the administrators of that organisation, venue or event may be able to see your name and contact details.
If your name and contact details have been identified as a contact associated with a venue, these may be displayed on our website.
If you have been identified as a contact for a particular event, your name and contact details may be used in event and venue proofs. We may ask for your permission to pass on your contact details or your nominated media personnel to accredited media and arts industry professionals.
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your data in this way at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, ARTRAGE INC will only use your personal information:
- In an aggregated form for use in our reporting;
- As required or authorised by law;
- Where there is a serious and imminent threat to your life, health, or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety; and
- For secondary purposes which are directly related to the primary purpose of collection of the personal information such as for quality assurance, staff training and as may be required by our insurers.
How ARTRAGE INC may disclose your personal information
ARTRAGE INC may disclose your information in the following ways:
- Third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. ARTRAGE INC may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us send out our mail/email, operate our ticketing platform, provide us with fraud prevention services, maintain our website design, and perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals;
- Artists and Presenters of events for which you purchase tickets from where you have provided consent to do so by ticking the "I would like to receive emails from Artists/Presenters of these events" option during checkout. ARTRAGE INC discloses your personal information to such organisations, so they may choose to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their future events by email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact ARTRAGE INC’s Administration Coordinator directly; and
- Press / Media where you are an Artist, Presenter and/or a Venue and have nominated to do so in AVR.
ARTRAGE INC will only disclose your personal information:
- If the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act; or
- If you have consented to the disclosure.
We may preserve the content of any e-mail you send us if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so or are otherwise permitted to do so under the Privacy Act.
Any e-mail messages that we keep may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
Electronic direct marketing and research
ARTRAGE INC may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your ARTRAGE INC communication preferences in a number of ways, e.g. within your online user account if you are an online customer; or by contacting email@example.com. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you will also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Administration Coordinator (details provided at end of this document).
Sometimes ARTRAGE INC extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. ARTRAGE INC uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Cookies, tracking and advertising
For each visitor to our website, our server automatically recognises and stores the visitor's IP address.
If you use the 'Remember Me' feature during the user account 'sign in' process, the cookies will also store your sign in username.
For further information about this, we suggest you refer to the privacy policies of Google Analytics (www.google.com.au/policies/privacy). You can also use this browser add-on to opt-out of Google Analytics (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).
Sometimes our websites contain links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. When you access a non-ARTRAGE INC website, please understand that ARTRAGE INC is not responsible for the privacy practices of those external sites. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Compliance with the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
Should ARTRAGE INC experience a Notifiable Data Breach as per the legal requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017, ARTRAGE INC will provide notice to affected individuals as well as to the Australian Information Commissioner as outlined in the Act. Information regarding ARTRAGE INC’s obligations under the Act, can be accessed here: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/notifiable-data-breaches-scheme
ARTRAGE INC takes no responsibility for any personal information you may post on any of ARTRAGE INC’s social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp and Instagram. Any information or content created by you that is in the public domain may be shared by ARTRAGE INC. This may include, but is not limited to, publicly accessible information on social media sites, blogs, forums and websites. ARTRAGE INC will endeavour to credit content creators wherever possible.
Keeping your personal information up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it.
If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can manage your information we have stored by logging into your online account if you have an online customer or promoter user account. Otherwise, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
Accessing your personal data
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that ARTRAGE INC holds about you and seek its correction.
If you have a login account, you can access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our websites.
If you do not have a login account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days.
There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
If you believe that ARTRAGE INC has breached one of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code that binds ARTRAGE INC, please send this complaint in writing to our Administration Coordinator. We aim to respond to these complaints within 30 days.
Attn: Administration Coordinator
Post: 89 Melbourne Street, Northbridge WA 6003
Review of Policy