FRINGE WORLD Festival aims to be a friendly environment with entertainment for all tastes, ages and abilities.
The Festival is committed to ensuring that people with disability, their families and companions have the same opportunities to access the festival.
With over 130 venues in the FRINGE WORLD Festival, the accessibility varies from venue to venue.
Using the Website
Each venue provides information to FRINGE WORLD about their wheelchair accessibility, which is published on the venue and event pages.
Wheelchair Accessible – participants in wheelchairs can access seating in the venue
Wheelchair Accessible Toilet – a wheelchair accessible toilet is available in the venue
Some Wheelchair Accessibility – Some performance spaces within this venue are accessible. Check the specific venue space page for more information.
For details about a specific venue’s accessibility, we recommend visiting the individual venue page and venue space page and reading the ‘Venue Accessibility’ section. If the information provided doesn’t address your requirements, please contact FRINGE WORLD on (08) 9227 6288 or contact the venue directly.
If you’ve checked the venue is accessible and booked for a show, please notify us so that we can ensure that staff make seating arrangements.
Notifying FRINGE WORLD of your access requirements
If you have bought FRINGE WORLD tickets and have specific access requirements in order to participate fully, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours (where possible) before the session with your order number, phone number, and details of your specific access request.
It is recommended that you arrive early to your event and make yourself known to Front of House staff so that they can direct you to your seating.
We recommend contacting the venue directly for any advice when it sits outside of a FRINGE WORLD Hub (FRINGE Central, The Pleasure Garden, Ice Cream Factory, or Yagan Square).
If the venue has accessible parking this will be displayed on the individual venue pages on the FRINGE WORLD website.
For more information about ACROD parking within the City of Perth, please visit http://www.cityofperthparking.com.au/disability-parking
Booking a Companion Card Ticket
FRINGE WORLD honours the Companion Card fair ticketing scheme. Ticket purchases made by a Companion Card holder are eligible to receive a second, complimentary ticket to the same session for a carer or companion (subject to availability).
Here’s what you need to do in order to redeem a complimentary ticket for your companion:
Booking at a Box Office
You may purchase a paid ticket then receive a complimentary companion ticket by showing your companion card (subject to availability).
Booking on the FRINGE WORLD Website
We will need to process your complimentary companion ticket after you have made a paid ticket purchase. Please follow these steps:
- Choose your show in the online program and book a paid ticket for each show you wish to attend.
- As soon as possible after booking your paid tickets, To receive your complimentary ticket for your companion or carer, please email email@example.com so we can process your companion card ticket (pending availability) at least 72 hours before the session. In your email please include your transaction ID order confirmation email and your companion card number so that we can process an accompanying companion ticket for you, pending availability.
- Please make sure to include in your email if you have any accessibility requirements that may need to be considered for your comfort on the day of the show.
- After assessing, we will respond to your email issuing details of your complimentary companion card ticket.
- Note that the bearer must be able to present the companion card on the night to Front of House staff when requested.
Please note: For performances in the following venues, special access requirements will need to be discussed directly with the venue:
Perth Theatre Trust Venues
- State Theatre Centre including State Theatre Centre as part of Summer Nights
- Subiaco Arts Centre
- His Majesty’s Theatre
Please contact Perth Theatre Trust Box Office Ph: (08) 6212 9200
Regal Theatre Please contact Ticketek on 1300 665 915
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (08) 9227 6288.
FRINGE WORLD Accessible Performances
If you have any suggestions or would like any information in another format, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Phone: (08) 9227 6288
We will do our best to make FRINGE WORLD accessible for everyone.