- Monday: 5:30PM - 12:00AM
- Tuesday: 5:30PM - 12:00AM
- Wednesday: 5:30PM - 12:00AM
- Thursday: 5:30PM - 12:00AM
- Friday: 5:30PM - 1:00AM
- Saturday: 3:00PM - 1:00AM
- Sunday: 5:30PM - 12:00AM
About Girls School
A visit to Girls School is a prime Fringe night out with all kinds of shows on offer across 11 performance spaces.
Featuring superb new outdoor food offerings, free exhibitions and impressive installations.
Located in the Free Transit Zone and serviced by the Red and Yellow CAT Bus, Girls School is conveniently close to loads of cheap parking and a short drive from the CBD.
The historic 1930s Old Perth Girls School building is iconic in its ‘Egyptian Art-Deco’ grandeur. The castle-like building operated as a school for thirty years and then a Police centre for fifty years. Girls School is located on the lands of the Wadjuk people of the Noongar nation.
Visit the Girls School website for more information.
Dogs are not allowed (service animals and guide dogs excepted).
Girls School is a licensed area and security may ask to see valid Photo ID to gain entry. If you cannot produce valid photo ID then you may be refused entry, without refund for any tickets purchased. Under 18's are welcome to licensed areas but must be accompanied and supervised by a parent, legal guardian or a responsible adult and the decision to allow entry is entirely at the discretion of the licensee. Visit the FAQ page for the valid forms of Photo ID accepted in Western Australia. Note that some events are restricted to over 18s only.
Please be patient and comply with government-mandated contract tracing requirements when entering this venue. Click here for more COVID safe information.
Located conveniently close to loads of cheap parking at CPP Queens Gardens and a short drive from the Perth CBD.
Please note there is no parking on-site at Girls School.
Girls School is located in the Free Transit Zone and is serviced by the Red Cat & Yellow Cat buses, just get off at the Plain St Stop.
The closest train stations are Claisebrook and McIver, an approximately 15-minute walk.
- Cashless Bars
- Cashless Food Vendors
- FRINGE WORLD Box Office
Girls School is heritage-listed and parts of the building are not wheelchair accessible. Check the information available on your show listing or call our customer service team on 08 9227 6288 for more info.
Patrons requiring wheelchair access or unable to climb stairs will be able to access the building through the rear of the Girls School Hub. Please call the Venue Manager on 0492 905 692 ahead of time if you are requiring access through this entry. Two parking bays are available.
- No single use cups at this venue (New In 2021). A $2 deposit will be payable when you purchase a drink. You can choose to keep the cup for use at home or return it to get your refund (refund limited to a maximum of two cups per person).
- Recycling and glass collection points available on site, please use the correct bin
- All food and beverage outlets will be using compostable, reusable or recyclable containers and utensils
- E-ticketing for all venues on-site, reducing waste
- Consider using active or public transport or carpooling to reduce your carbon footprint
Don't forget to download the FRINGE WORLD App from Google Play or the App Store.